Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Playing tag at Try It On Tuesday

In case the title wasn't enough of a clue our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Tags'.
The Design Team have made some really great examples and I hope you will go and take a look!

I used a kraft tag onto which I swiped on some gesso and when dry added some black ink through a stencilled little bit of stamping.
 I then mixed some collage medium with PA Fresco paint - Slate and Concrete and added it to my tag through a Stencil Girl Mini stencil.
It was then spritzed and a few sprinkles of Infusions - Black Knight added.
 Next came some stamps,AALL Autour de Mwa grunge stamps and one of Tracy Evans fabulous birds. The butterfly is a little sticker that has been fluttering around my desk for ages!
I wasn't so happy with the lack of colour so at this time added some red paint to the butterfly and the little triangles and mounted the tag onto red card
Still not happy so stamped another butterfly and the bird onto card and fussy cut them before adding them, standing the bird on some words torn from a piece of book page I had ben using for another project!
I hope you like my little tag and will be joining us with your own tag this time - the TIOT challenge runs for two weeks so you have plenty of time to join us!

Thanks for looking, Chris.

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, love the little bird, so sweet. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie
PS Yesterday I met a lady called Chris and she comes from Manchester, she's here on holiday at the camping place.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous tag, its a great background the those super stamps.
Yvonne xx

chrissie said...

This tag is such fun with the great background and fun bird

Love Chrissie xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You put a LOT of work into this tag. I was really impressed. I adore it.

Mrs.B said...

A great tag Chris and the pops of red, really does make a difference.
Avril xx

Gibby Frogett said...

That's a really cool tag Chris and agree those touches of red make all the difference. Love it! It was great to see how it all came together too.
Gill x

froebelsternchen said...

An adorable little bird watching the butterfly on your amazing textured background Chris! A fabulous tag in my mind!
Happy rest of your week!
♥♥♥
Susi

Rosie said...

Wow, a wonderful Tag, Chris

craftytrog said...

Fantastic tag Chris!!! Xxx

Lula said...

Fantastic tag Chris! Love the way you have created the rich background!
Lula oxo

Juliz Design Post said...

Great tag and loving that sweet bird.
Julie x

Redanne said...

I love your tag and I love the additions you made to it, it looks so beautiful and Tracy's bird looks amazing too! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen said...

Loving the texture on your tag! I miss making tags.

Margik said...

Fabulous tag Chris, the combination of grays and red is fantastic. Love the bird stamp and texture!
Mar xx

Joan said...

Fab tag Chris, love the texture and stencilling,the addition of the red really lifted it


Joan

Unknown said...

Great tag x

My name is Erika. said...

Great grungy feel and I love the texture Chris. :) Erika

Marjut said...

Your tag is gorgeous and wonderful.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oooh wowser of a tag,perfectly grungy Chris
Hugs
Donna xx