Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 24 July 2017

T Stands for……the garden...

I know you saw my garden last week but there has been a big change! Since we went up last time the hedges have been cut - sadly not the ones in the farmer's field over the road but the dividing hedges between caravans.
Before….
…..and after
Not sure I like the shrubs cut flat sided, so on Saturday I trimmed them a bit to make them look as though they looked little bit more of a natural shape!
We can now chat to our neighbours over the hedge again!
Here's a shot you don't see very often - the view from my bedroom window as I got up - the sun throws a different light on everything in the early mornings!


My borage plants are growing - I'm quite pleased with my phone's camera for picking up the delicate hairs!
The view from the back of the caravan.
The bees are still loving the overgrown mint…
…and inspired this page in my journal - which I am adding to to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's 'Summertime Love' at Art Journal Journey
I found a page in my old student text book about honey for part of this page - the rest is a Kim Dellow stem stamp and a stamp I bought in Paris which I stamped onto one of hubby's used Tea bag papers - the bees are on the same stamp and I used a water based pen to colour and stamp them.
Of course, I am also going to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday too!
Last week we (well I say we, but hubby didn't say long) went to a craft shop for a Craft Demo Day - lovely Leonie was there - it was she who started me on my inky journey all those years ago (up to then I was using card kits of printed images) and although I don't see her very often (except on TV) we do meet  occasionally - sometimes in unexpected places!! 
I forgot to take any photos while there but afterwards hubby and I visited Barton Grange Garden Centre - somewhere we used to go to regularly years ago!
It was quite late in the afternoon so the rush was definitely over..

 ..and we got one of the riverside tables to sit at

 Hubby thinks my trying to get everything in the shot amusing but I wanted to show you my Almond Slice and his Lancaster Lemon Tart as well as his hot chocolate and my coffee!

I still have photos of some of our trips out to show you - I hope to get some of these organised for next time…unless we go somewhere exciting this week of course!

Thanks for looking and Happy T Day everyone!
Chris
  

20 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Lovely post-the borage had me smiling-I love that plant and did not get any planted this year. nice to be able to chat over the hedge again
Happy T Day Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I think your garden views are still pretty stunning, but I know how you probably feel to find the hedge cut back, especially if it makes the neighbors more visible. Sounds like the craft store visit was good and your little treats look YUMMY. Happy T day. Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was writing away when the electricity went off on my street. Not a good thing when it's so hot outside still. It took then about five hours to get it back on, so now I'm trying to cool down a bit and get back to your post.

That is a beautiful shot from your bedroom in the early light. The "heart" is looking good. Borage is beautiful, although I've never seen any in person. I'm so glad you have bees to share your mint with. I haven't seen a single bee this year. NOT ONE!

I adore the journal page you created. The tea bag did double duty, creating the perfect honey color for the spread. Bees are SO important, and I was delighted that you were inspired to spotlight them (and your flowers, of course) for this AJJ beauty. Thanks for sharing it at Art Journal Journey today. It's glorious.

The view from the inside of the Barton Grange Garden Center is lovely. It's always fun to visit a place when you are the only, or nearly the only people in the place. You don't have to wait for service that way, either.

What a fun, fun photo of T's tea and his tart (wow, that didn't sound too good, did it!) and your almond slice and coffee. I enjoyed his laugh as much as I enjoyed the food and drink. Thanks for sharing it with us for T this Tuesday.

Your gift will be in the mail on Wednesday. Yes, I'm running really, really late this month.

Helen said...

the borage is beautiful! it inspired a great page in your journal. Thanks for sharing the laugh with the tart and the slice!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page and great photos, and glad your hubby such a laugh! Looks like a nice place you went to, with yummy food. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Your garden is so pretty and your phone camera did an amazing job of picking up the fantastic detail of those delicate hairs on the borage flowers too - amazing! Wonderful journal page, I love the style and look of this page with the stunning colours and stamps, the addition of the teabag and bees is gorgeous 😀. Oh my, that Lancashire lemon tart looks so yummy, I may have to take a visit to Barton Grange myself ... lol 😉. Happy T Day! J 😊

chrissie said...

The garden looks amazing as always and nice to be able to see over the hedge and have a chat.

Beautiful photographs of everywhere and your husband always looks so happy and has a great choice of things to eat and drink.

Have a very happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

you know you are spoilt with a garden a view like this? so beautiful!!
and i adore this Journal page! for me, there are no weeds, i can enjoy each and every flower, even if nature planted it itself:)
happy t-day!!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful photos of the caravan garden Chris, you have an amazing view of the countryside.
The other photos are great as well, the garden center looks a good place to visit
Happy T day wishes Chris , you choice of cake looks delicious.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...



Your garden is so very pretty this borage flowers are so pretty - amazing! Such a beautiful journal page- the addition of the teabag and bees is specially lovely That Lancashire lemon tart looks tempting. Happy T Day dear Chris and thank you very much for another fantastic entry to AJJ!
oxo Susi

Linda Kunsman said...

lovely garden and views to wake to Chris. I have never seen a borage plant-fascinating! How nice to visit a craft shop-what did you get??
Great shot of hubby with your drinks and pastries.
And I love your soft and beautiful journal page! Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Hedges are hard for me. I love having them just grow their natural way, but if they grow too big they block everything else. Looks like y'all have reached a happy medium, and it looks beautiful. I let my mint go to attract bees, but I haven't seen a honeybee here in years :(

Your treats are tempting, and it looks like y'all are enjoying yourselves :)

Happy T Tuesday!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your garden is just beautiful. I've never seen a borage plant so that was quite interesting. Are the hairs soft or prickly? Your journal page looks like a view from your garden. Nice cafe and looks like you got the best table. I love when a place is nearly empty and you can have the place all to yourselves. Between your two choices, almond cake or lemon tart, I don't think I could make up my mind. I'd have to have a taste of each. Have a great week!

Rita said...

Loved this post! All the wonderful plants--you must want to spend all day out there! The photo of your hubby at the table is perfect! Enjoy your week. :)

jinxxxygirl said...

What a lovely post Chris... I think i would be a little disappointed too at the cut hedge.. I do like my privacy.... Your garden is lovely as is your Journal page.. And those dessert.. mouthwatering! It looks like you and your hubby have alot of fun together and thats a nice thing...... Happy T day!! Hugs! deb

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Pretty photos of your yard at the caravan, Chris. I'm guessing there's a gardening service that does some basics for you. But the caravan concept is something new to me. A place in the country you can escape to ... ahhh.

That's a beautiful summer journal page. The bee stamp is wonderful. I love the saying as well and how you added a pop of purple against the monochrome aged background.

The picture of your hubby makes me smile too. He sure is a good sport!

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Dianne said...

I so enjoy the photos you share...the places you've been, the yummy sweets! classic and charming photo of your laughing hubby, so cute! Love your journal page...a wildflower quote I love is "None can have a healthy love for flowers unless he loves the wild ones." - Forbes Watson Happy T day!

Indira said...

Your garden photos are beautiful and the journal page is lovely. The cakes made me drool!

Words and Pictures said...

Your garden is looking glorious. I have to say I'm inclined towards the wildness of the hedge (row!) before trimming! The page inspired by the flowers is simply beautiful. Love that stem (Kim Dellow you say - must investigate!), and the teabag stamping is pure perfection. Just lovely.
Alison x

Denise Price said...

Oh yum, those desserts are making me hungry!

Thanks for sharing the photos of your lovely garden. Your garden-inspired journal page is gorgeous as well.

Happy Belated T Day.