Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 10 July 2017

Walking amongst the weeds!

Some of you may know that I love to visit gardens, some of them very formal, some less so but I love to walk in areas where there are wild flowers too! I also like to let wildflowers grow in our caravan garden….although I am not keen on the big nettles that seem to find their way into the centre of my shrubs





I recently purchased the Tim Holtz Thinlets Wildflowers set 2 - at last at a good price!
Today I sat at my Big Shot and cut a whole pile of them - not only that sorted them into bags of colours that I liked together!
The other day I had found these little bags that are the ideal size for my craft room bits and pieces! I will be able to take some bags easily when we go away too! 

I made a background of Faded Jeans Oxide Ink and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.
While cutting the flowers I also found that I had some nice stencil shapes too so added those using Distress inks.

I arranged the diecuts on my page but didn't like the way the pink one was sitting so I snipped the top off and turned it upside down!

The stamped grasses along the bottom are from various sets I have collected over the years - unfortunately I cannot remember which comes from which set. They were stamped in a combination of Adirondacks and distress inks The words are from a very old Stampman set but seemed just right for this page and were stamped on a piece of old under paper!

I would like to join in again at Art Journal Journey where Elizabeth is leading the way with her theme of Summertime Love

I would also like to enter at Stamping Sensations where the theme is  
Anything With Flowers 

My next post will be my 'T' post…if you want to see what I got up to on Saturday!
Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a clever idea, Chris. I like those little baggies. I got a box at my dollar store and they come in quite handy. So glad you found the die at a good price, too. What a joy it must be to have them ready to go.

I love the formal garden photo you showed, but mine would never look that good. I am probably a messy gardener and LOVE the wild look.

Your wonderful journal page put a smile on my face, as did the beautiful flowers you cut and dipped into for the page. Thanks for sharing this summertime love of flowers you have with us at Art Journal Journey.

froebelsternchen said...

Super to find that die for a good price and the baggies are very useful for sure!
Your page is beautiful - really lovely!
Pretty photos Chris!
Thank you for another excellent entry linked to AJJ!
oxo Susi
Happy week!

Meggymay said...

A great page with the die cut flowers Chris. The photos all looked lovely.
Yvonne xx

Helen said...

well as you know I love messy in my gardens, just read my Kew posts! the journal page looks fantastic, and I envy you your bags of ready cut wildflowers.

Anonymous said...

the idea is wonderful from the Journalpage!
very nice the garden!
Happy Day
Elke

brenda said...

You have created a lovely wildflower garden scene, many thanks for joining in our Floral theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

chrissie said...

Busy as always and what a wonderful make from your die cuts. Good to do a batch and save them in something like a bag Chris

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful..like being in a natural garden!
tfs,
Karen

Lynne K said...

This is gorgeous, Chris, I love the sentiment and the soft, pretty colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Well worth all that time cutting and sorting so that you could come up with a page like this - absolutely lovely summer flowers. Brilliant depth created by the layering too.
Alison x