Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Have you any wool?

Hi everyone! You may confess if you wish! I certainly do have wool, boxes of it, both for knitting and for needle felting(and the odd bit for using on my mixed media projects!!

Thank you all so much for your continued support and encouragement, especially for my '101 Ways To Keep Warm' theme this  month at Art Journal Journey.

Today's page is a simple one…
The background was painted to give an ombre effect and then I stamped a few dots on. 
The wool was from a magazine advert - cut out and pieced together.
I started to doodle over the wool but it began to look too fussy so I stopped before I ruined it!
The white sheep came from a collage book from The Works and I drew the black one. I used some bright wool to cover the snow the white ones were standing in! 
I have been practicing my lettering again, this time I used a Graphix green line painter and outlined it with a Micron pen.

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun page, great idea for your theme. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A really fun page and I love all the extra details and the original sheep handdrawn by you! The extra real wool as grass and the handlettering - PERFECTION!
I had quite the same idea - will post it tomorrow. I have a big sack of wool from my mother in the attic. Hope the mice haven't used it all up -lol!Must have a look at it when I take the christmas decoration out!

oxo Susi
I enjoy your theme and all the fantastic pages you have made already! THANK YOU!♥♥♥

Helen said...

love all the wool! great page, and a fab addition to your ways to keep warm.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed this page, Chris. It's a genuine beauty. I had to laugh, because I've done the same thing, where I overworked a page until it was unusable. I think you stopped at just the right time. Bah, bah and a happy day to you, dear.

Redanne said...

I love sheep and I love wool - and I love your page. Your lettering looks brilliant too Chris! Ahem, who hoards wool? That would be me..... Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Your colorful creation is bea-ewe-tiful! I love the rainbow colours of the wool and the sheep are such fun. Your writing is perfect too 😁. Hope you are having a lovely week! J 😊

Meggymay said...

It is a fantastic fun page, i have a nursery rhyme buzzing around my head now.
Your writing looks great.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

that is fun page, the idea is fantastic and sweet!
have happy week
elke

kathyinozarks said...

I love your page-and yes I have loads and loads of wool too-fibers for spinning and yarns for weaving-I need to get busy lol

My name is Erika. said...

I have tons of wool too. AS well as half knitted projects that I need to get back too. But there's always new things I want to try. :) Love your latest AJJ page Chris. The colors of that yarn is so alluring and the sheep make the perfect addition. Hugs-Erika

Rike said...

What a colorful and funny page! I like your black sheep very much! Beautiful lettering and cool idea to use bright wool to cover the snow on the ground.
Rike x