Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 6 April 2018

My final few Gelli prints!

There's a lot going on again here! I am getting  ready for a workshop tomorrow at Rowan Tree Craft with the extremely talented Tracey Easson!

As you know I loved taking part in the Gelli Plate challenge that Brigit Koopsen hosted!I just realised that I hadn't posted the final five!

I learned so much and I do know that I will never leave my Gelli-plates tucked away in drawer again!
I have enlarged my favourites.

Day 27 - Cardboard
So many ways to use a piece of corrugated card



Day 28 Comb
I made two combs and made quite a few different patterns





Day 29 Egg Box
Loved this and saw so many other brilliant examples!

Day 30 Water Soluble crayons


I wasn't so happy with the prints on the copy paper I was using but when I saw a tip from someone else who had the same results, I switched to watercolour paper.
Day 31 Primary colours


These are the colours I used
Although I like the prints I made I did see lots of others with much brighter results so need to practice more - what a great excuse and I still want to try making image transfers with my gelli plate!

Take a look at Birgit's videos here if you want to know more about Gelli printing!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Helen said...

great final gelli prints... really must get mine open and used! have a great workshop.

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous gelli print finale Chris! WOW! Happy weekend!
Hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful Gelli prints! Such wonderful colours and patterns with the combs and egg boxes - amazing 😀. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

My name is Erika. said...

Enjoyed ALL your prints Chris. have a fun class this weekend too. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe that you have a small gelli that you can set up without much trouble or bother. I spend an entire day setting up for printing, and another putting everything away. It isn't worth it to me, but I sure LOVE how you have such a minimal area to use your plate in. I can see why you would love doing it using a small gelli.

I was really in awe of the corrugated cardboard. Simply incredible ways to use it, dear. I'm so happy you completed this project and I look forward to seeing what you make in your workshop this weekend.

Cath Wilson said...

Wow, Chris! You got some amazingly good prints with the Gelli plate... I can't fall in love with mine at all, though I do keep trying. Maybe I should have another playday and hope for better results!

Thanks for sharing your samples.

Cath x

Redanne said...

That's a great line up of Gelli prints Chris, I really love the ones with the combs you made and that vibrant blue at the end is fantastic. I am only half way through Birgit's video but I have a new-found love for my Gelli plate too! Hugs, Anne xx

Lula said...

Love your results Chris- beautiful pieces!

Linda Kunsman said...

super looking prints Chris!! And I know that once you get started it's hard to stop:):)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Terrific prints, Chris! I love the combed ones and was stunned at the results you got with just primary colors! They're beautiful.